Access Statement for The Cricket Inn, Beesands
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service to all of our guests. We endeavour to ensure that all employees, guests and others who use the pub and B&B are treated equally and according to their needs. By recognising and catering for our guests’ individual requirements sensitively and effectively, we hope to make everyone’s visit an enjoyable one.
We request that anyone wishing to make an enquiry or booking inform us of any special needs or disabilities that they may have, in order for us to meet or adapt to personal requirements.
Nigel, Rachel and the team look forward to welcoming you. If you require any assistance please phone 01548 580215 or email email@example.com
- Enquiries and reservations may be made by telephone, email, post or online through our website.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website.
- By Rail:Totnes train station is the nearest train station from the Cricket Inn, approximately 16 miles away. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi this can be booked in advance, see Contact Information for details.
- By Boat:For those with private boats there is deep water up to the beach, which is unaffected by by the tide. A tender is required for larger crafts.By Car:From A38 take the A381 to Totnes/Kingsbridge. From Kingsbridge take the A379 Dartmouth Road. At Stokenham (Mini Roundabout) turn right follow road for 1 mile take left turn sign posted Beeson / Beesands on entering the village of Beesands bare to the right and The Cricket Inn is on right.
- Lat 50 15.0573N
- Please note: if you are using Sat.Nav. still take the turning for A38 towards Totnes / Kingsbridge not the A380 towards Dartmouth. When you leave Kingsbridge, it is best to stay on A379 until you reach the mini roundabout at Stokenham.
- Unofficial One-Way System:There is an unofficial one-way system in Beesands due to the quaint Devon lanes. We’d really appreciate it if you could adopt the same route as the locals! The best way into Beesands is via the village of Beeson. As you make your way out of Beesands, head up Long Hill and turn left on the corner signposted Kingsbridge/Stokenham.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is free parking on site for customers opposite the pub. However please note that parking gets very busy in the summer.
- Customers can be dropped off point at the front entrance of the pub.
- There are no steps leading to the main entrance.
- The front door is a single door, manually operated, opens inwards and lightweight.
- Staff are wiling to help customers as they enter the pub please ask for assistance if needed.
- Our team can assist with luggage on request
- Guests are escorted to their room and shown the layout of the public areas enroute.
Bar & Restaurant
- The bar and restaurant is situated on the ground floor.
- The toilets are located on the ground floor
- The bar and restaurant have level access throughout.
- There is no lowered section of the bar. Drinks can also be served at the table on request.
- There are tables and chairs with bar stools in the bar area. Both the bar and the restaurant have a mixture of upright chairs without arms and tables are well spaced apart, with a clear height from the floor
- Lighting is natural daylight supplemented with spotlights and wall lighting. Candles are lit on tables in the evenings throughout.
- There is background music played throughout the premises.
- The flooring is a mixture of wood floorboards in the bar and carpet in the restaurant.
- We do our best to cater for dietary and allergen requirements; please discuss your needs with our staff who will be happy to help.
- Food and drinks are ordered at the Bar but if needed staff can take your order at the table.
- Menus are printed in large paper format with clear large fonts.
- Crockery is colour contrasted with the tables.
- There is no pool table or dart board in this pub.
- Customer toilets can be found on the ground floor near the bar.
- There is also an accessible toilet located near the restaurant with wheelchair access
- We have baby changing facilities
- The outside seating is located opposite the pub, there is a step up to access the tables
- Parasols are provided in the summer months.
- Order at the bar and the team will bring everything to you. If needed staff can take your order at the table but please ask before going outside
- The tables and chairs throughout this area are moveable with access to wheelchairs.
It is recommended that you discuss your requirements in depth with reservations at the time of booking to ensure that the most suitable room for your requirements is allocated to you.
- We have a total of 7 bedrooms (5 sea-facing, 2 non sea-facing).
- All of our bedrooms are located on the first floor, there are stairs leading to the first floor (total 15) with a hand rail
- Guests can check into their room from the bar
- A member of staff will explain each area of the pub and show you to your room.
- Guestrooms are not self locking. Traditional door locks and keys are used for securing each room.
- All of our bedrooms have walk-in showers
- We have 3 rooms which cater for families (sleeping up to 4 guests)
- Non-slip bath mats are provided in each of our guestrooms
- Our team have extensive knowledge of the rooms and surrounding areas and will happily and honestly advise you on accommodation options that will best suit your requirements.
- All of our staff receive training that includes accessibility awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures – should you require assistance someone will help you with evacuation either out of the building or to a refuge.
- We welcome all dogs at The Cricket Inn.
- Please note all dogs are permitted only in the Bar
- A water bowl is available just outside the main entrance for assistance dogs.